Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil…
The skin is the largest organ in the body. It acts as a barrier to protect internal organs from bacteria, viruses, and injury. Your skin is a good indicator of the overall health of your body, which makes the field of dermatology crucial in the diagnosis and management of many health conditions.
The skin may indicate to a medical dermatologist in Lehi, Utah, that something may be going on in the body internally. Through their knowledge of medical conditions, dermatologists can diagnose the affected area and use the best treatments for the patient’s concerns.
Medical dermatology is a specialty with surgical, medical, and aesthetic characteristics, including evaluating, diagnosing, and treating skin diseases, hair, lips, and mouth disorders to improve overall health. Medical dermatology treatments work to control these diseases or conditions confined to the skin using a range of options. In addition, medical aesthetics is designed to help you look your very best.
A medical dermatologist near Lehi, Utah, Skin Smart Dermatology, wisely uses their clinic for studying, diagnosing, and curing skin ailments to ensure the best results. They are also specialists in medical aesthetics that give you younger, healthier-looking skin using facial fillers, chemical peels, and laser treatments.
Diseases or conditions of the skin, hair, or nails are common. Almost everyone experiences symptoms of one type or another dermatologic condition at some in their life, and it has been reported that one of every six visits to a medical clinic involves a problem with the skin. Some dermatological conditions that a medical dermatologist treats in Lehi, Utah, includes:
- Acne is pimples on the skin due to inflammation of the sebaceous glands. Acne happens when hair follicles are plugged with excess oil and dead skin cells. Large to small bumps and inflammation is characteristic of acne. In Lehi, Utah, a dermatologist has many treatments to help this condition.
- Dermatitis is red, swollen, and sore skin caused by allergies or irritations.
- Eczema is inflamed skin that is often itchy, is a dry and discolored rash, and can lead to swelling and infection.
- Psoriasis includes red scaly and itchy patches on the skin that are chronic disorders that occur anywhere on the body. Psoriasis affects almost 7.5 million people, and a medical dermatologist in Lehi, Utah, will have treatments to increase the chances of long-lasting relief.
- A fungus causes fungal infections of the nails or skin.
- Melasma causes brown patches on your face. Melasma comes from sun exposure to birth control to heredity actors. Your dermatologist in Lehi, Utah, will offer prescriptions and treatments as a solution.
- Warts are hard growths, that are small, on the skin brought on by a virus caused by viruses. Wart removal usually appears on the hands and feet. Multiple treatments are used for wart removal, depending on your type of wart.
- Cold sores are inflamed blisters near the mouth caused by the herpes simplex virus.
- Skin cancer is the unrestrained growth of skin cells that can lead to severe consequences.
Treatments used by a medical dermatologist near Lehi, Utah, are:
- Systemic medications
- A range of dermatologic surgical procedures to remove moles and skin biopsies
- Laser therapy
- Cosmetic procedures include sclerotherapy and chemical peels.
Medical dermatology is a wonderful practice that comes with various services that can restore your skin and rejuvenate how you look. When you think about it, the skin is the first thing that people see about you, and skin also serves an essential role as the largest organ in the body. Take care of your skin using a medical dermatologist in Lehi, Utah.
Make an appointment with a medical dermatologist in Utah if you have a patch of skin or a mole that become different in color, size, shape, severe or persistent acne, rashes, scars, eczema, rosacea, or psoriasis. A medical dermatologist in Lehi, Utah, will also take care of hyperpigmentation, skin irritation, warts, hair loss, nail disorders, and signs of aging.